The objective of this project is to develop the electronic sensor module to detect angle variation. The angle variation sensor can be used in accelerator position sensing application.
conventional pedal is operated in mechanical method, which generally has
mechanical contact(s) inducing wear out as the time goes by. This could cause
problems of reliability and/or durability. Thus, electronic pedal is replacing
mechanical pedal to eliminate those problem. Designing a highly reliable
electronic Accelerator Pedal Sensor (APS) is one of the most important parts in
engine control system.
Project main contents
- Ratio-metric signal processing algorithm
- Phase detection technique
- Aging effect compensation algorithm
- Reverse battery, ground open, and over voltage protection
- -40 to 125 Celsius degree automotive temperature range
– PCB wire design whose coupling strength has a function of the rotation
– Generation of excitation signal independent on circumstances in vicinity
– Phase detection technique
– Compensation for aging effect
Waveform according to angle variation.
- As angle increases, phase difference with respect to reference signal changes. Picking up the phase difference is to drive output.